Bellevue Homestead is located opposite the railway station in Coominya, close to the original entrance to the property. It consists of three interconnected dwellings and attached service wing and separate farm buildings. The main house and guest house face northeast and are encircled by verandahs, with a spine of kitchen, stores and servants' hall attached at right angles, forming a T-shaped plan. A cottage, previously a school house and governess’ residence, is attached on the south-east forming a southern courtyard, and a row of stables and barn are located on the southwest. All buildings are single-storeyed and sit on timber stumps.

The original farmhouse was built in the 1870’s. It has projecting gable porches to the southwest and northeast entrances with decorative timber barge boards, trusses and finials. Timber shingles are visible under the corrugated iron sheeting. The plan consists of four rooms with a central hall. The end verandahs have been enclosed to expand the rooms through large archways, the northwest being enclosed with very wide chamferboards. Some rooms show different layers of the building's fabric, including pit sawn framing with mortice and tenon joints and hand finished lining boards. Decorative features include painted woodgrain in the hall, hand painted wall paper, pressed metal ceilings in the drawing room, carved timber fireplace surrounds, casement windows, some of which have coloured glass inserts, step out bays and pressed metal window hoods.

The attached 1903-04 guest house has a projecting gable porch to the northeast with decorative timber arch brackets, barge board, finial and diagonally boarded gable. The verandahs have dowel balustrade, lattice valance and timber arch brackets. The plan consists of a dining room, a smoking room and a two-roomed guest suite. These are accessed from an enclosed verandah entrance hall with entrance doors at both ends with sidelights and fanlight of etched coloured glass. The dining room has a metal lined wine store cupboard and fretwork ceiling rose. The walls are panelled to a dado with vertically jointed boards above and the ceiling is boarded. The tiled fireplace has a carved timber surround, and all timber is oiled/stained. All rooms have step out bays with timber shutters and internal doors have fanlights.

The service wing consists of weather-boarded kitchen, store and servants' hall. The kitchen has a corrugated iron gable roof with a verandah to the courtyard and three pressed metal ridge ventilators. Timber shingles are visible under the corrugated iron sheeting and the interior has single skin cedar board walls and a large brick fireplace. A modern kitchen has been installed in one room.

On the other side of the court-yard facing the service wing, the cottage has an L-shaped plan and consists of a series of rooms added at different times. The weatherboard building has a corrugated iron gable roof with a bay to the northwest, surmounted by a gable, and verandahs northeast and northwest.

A row of weatherboard stables with corrugated iron gable roofs is located to the southwest. The stables have sawn cross cut timber and earth floors.

The grounds include a circular drive with gardens to the north, overlooking a private dam beyond.

(Queensland Heritage Register)